Monday, May 15, 2017

Postcard feature: Monsters

In packing for a trip to San Antonio, I found a Ziploc bag among my things that had several Lost Postcards in it.  Yeah, I'm disorganized.  But what a fun surprise!  The cards were mostly returns from Helena--the Jan 2012 series, the June 2012 series, and the March 2013 series--with one stray postcard from the Hayden Jan 2012 series. That would have been the same trip--Helena for work, with a side trip to Hayden to see our second eldest son.

There were some fun postcards in this little baggie!  I'll start with this one from 2013:




It's one of mine, inspired by the boys and their favorite movie of the time.  I'm pretty sure this was the trip where I finally caved and bought some movie players for the car at a pawn shop!

The finder said:

Hope you are having a great fall so far-I found this in a library book in Lewis & Clark Library in Helena.  My 4 1/2 year old lvoed the purple monster's feet.  Thanks for sharing the monsters with us!  Susan Murray
P.S. Check out my teen book review blog-- www.youngpeoplesbooks.blogspot.com

Well, how can I resist a 4 1/2-year-old who loves big feet, or a Mama who has a book review blog?  I went to the blog, sent a note, and got an address, and Susan's girls and I exchanged some very fun pictures of monsters! We connected on Facebook and I've enjoyed her girls' antics (and sense of style!) ever since.

Thanks, Susan, for returning our postcard and for the trust!

More from this baggie to come...

mejaka

No comments:

Post a Comment