Saturday, April 23, 2016

Postcard feature: F is for Flight

Jonathan goes by Jonno, and is six-almost-seven.  He loves to excel at things and often tests himself to see if he can do as well as someone else.  On our trip to North Idaho in January, after watching me make several vocabulary postcards, he began producing his own.

I noticed this, because Jesse--also six-almost-seven--usually leads in artsy things.  So I was surprised to see Jonno edge him out on this one.  So surprised, I didn't realize that both boys were making these cards until after I wrote this post; and I've had to come back and correct my misperceptions.

This week brought F is for Flight back in the mail.  F is for Flight is Jesse's postcard.

The little boys are very much into Pokemon, and the fascination shows in the toothed flying creature with which Jesse illustrated his card.  I'm always happy to see their little drawings returned!

This one was lost in the Spokane Main Branch library, and found by someone at the Indian Trail Branch.

Thank you, unnamed discoverer, for returning Jesse's postcard to us!  (And to Jesse, for finding it funny and not upsetting that I confused his work for Jonno's!)




The discoverer wrote a note about finding F is for Fighting:

Hello,

I almost threw this away until I noticed the postcard side.  I at first thought it was just a drawing.  It has taken me  a while to mail it back because we do not have an outgoing mail at the Indian Trail Branch of the Spokane Public Library.  So I took it home to mail.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment